Wednesday 6 May 2015

The Busy Homeschool Mom's Guide to Daylight {Review}

Have you ever wanted to sit down and have a heart to heart chat with Heidi St John about homeschooling? Thanks to Real Life Press I have been blessed with Heidi's book The Busy Homeschool Mom's Guide to Daylight.

Recently I have been struggling to keep my life on track and keep up with the tyranny of the urgent and ALL the things that seem to constantly be screaming at me for attention.

This book has been life changing for me in a gentle encouraging way.  Reading it has been like having a trusted friend come sit with me and share her practical encouraging insights over a cup of tea on a beautiful day.

What we received
There are eight chapters in the book covering eight different areas of life.

  1. Intentional Daylight is about creating a plan for you that works for the current season of life you are in.
  2. Organized Daylight this one touched a spot for me it's about taking hold of the physical clutter in your home and organizing all that you do have.
  3. Scheduled Daylight this one speaks to the heart of prioritizing your time.
  4. Hungry Daylight,  just what and when are we going to eat?  Menu planning anyone ?
  5. Discouraged Daylight no matter how long you've been on the journey discouragement is a very real enemy. 
  6. Consolidated Daylight Multitasking anyone?  Learning to teach multiple levels at the same time.
  7. Wasted Daylight - Social media, telephones and all those things that modern day living has on offer.  Just how do we become the master of these things?
  8. Surrendered Daylight. Surrendering to His master-plan for your life.

About the Book
This book is about LIFE
  • L: Learn Together
  • I: Incorporate Individual Studies into our daily routine
  • F: Focus on Relationships
  • E: Engage our children each day far beyond academic pursuits.

It's about regaining control of those run away hours in your day shared by a trusted friend who has been there, is still there and has discovered some achievable and practical ways of recapturing daylight hours to bring peace and harmony back into your life and your home.

Heidi's transparency of her own life in the stories she shares from her own days as wife, mother and homeschool Mom are what make this book a treasure for you to read.  She is down to earth and honest at the same time inviting you to gently look into your own life and bring about small changes that will lead to a more peaceful and fruitful life that is satisfying. She offers many practical suggestions through out the book without overwhelming you with things guilt or things to do .

I love to be organized but I've reached a point where clutter is over taking my home.  I have been encouraged to regain my home by taking control of clutter. So far thanks to Heidi's encouragement I have worked my way slowly through my kitchen and am reclaiming school room space. I have a fair way to still go but so far I am really pleased.

Each chapter has brought with it balanced perspective from a woman who has been there along with  encouragement and hope for the future through practical and achievable suggestions.

Heidi's conversational tone make this book an easy read and each chapter is short enough to read in easy bites of time.



Cost of The Busy Homeschool Mom's Guide to Daylight
Book Details

  • Paperback: 195 pages 
  • Publisher: Real Life Press (2012) 
  • ISBN-10: 0984432310 
  • ISBN-13: 978-0984432318 
  • Product Dimensions: 7.9 x 5.2 x 0.6 inches 
  • Shipping Weight: 11.2 ounces 
  • Author: Heidi St John
Connect with Heidi

Facebook Google+ Pinterest Twitter Instagram YouTube RSS Feed Blog

This book has given me many gems and so far my favouite quote from the book has been this reminder: "Time is a gift, and so are the children God has given us to raise."  I have needed reminding of this on days when it's been hard and for that I'm grateful.  I have been blessed beyond measure with Heidi's book and know you will be too.

I have been encouraged to grow in many areas of my life through this book as a parent, a wife and a christian.

Blessings
Chareen

Click to read Crew Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you so please leave your comments below ♥